MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Lawsuits filed against Live Nation, MGM, and Mandalay Bay over '1 October' shooting

A lawsuit filed for 450 victims of the Route 91 Harvest Festival massacre is announced Monday, November 20, 2017, at the law offices of Gipson Hoffman & Pancione in Los Angeles. (NBC News)

Lawsuits representing more than 450 people were filed today in California against Live Nation, MGM, and Mandalay Bay.

The plaintiffs include family members of two people who died Oct. 1, the family of a woman who was shot in the head and survived, more than 30 people recovering from gunshot wounds, over a hundred people with trample injuries, and at least 100 people being treated for PTSD.

“The defendants, MGM, Mandalay Bay, and Live Nation ignored standard safety protocols in security,” said attorney Chad Pinkerton, during a press conference in Los Angeles.

RELATED | 1 October investigation: What we know so far

The lawsuits allege hotel security staff wasn’t properly trained to deal with the threat of an active shooter, and that Stephen Paddock’s VIP credentials allowed him to secretly bring an arsenal of weapons to the 32nd floor.

Attorney Chad Pinkerton says his firm is also investigating Mandalay Bay’s response to the shooting, including police reports that security guard Jesus Campos was shot six minutes before shots were fired on the concert crowd.

“I know there’s some controversy here. There was a six-minute delay,” said Pinkerton, “There was a decision made not to make the phone call to 911 immediately."

Last month, as the timeline of events was in play, MGM issued a statement declaring the shooting inside the hotel to be within 40 seconds of the shooting on the concertgoers.

During a press briefing on Oct. 13, Sheriff Lombardo said he agreed with MGM, but refused to answer questions, or say if the hotel ever called the police.

The lawsuit was filed in California, which is the home state of concert promoter Live Nation, which organized the Route 91 concert festival.



Trending