MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Culinary Union says deal reached with Caesars, rest of resorts still in negotiations

Paris Las Vegas is seen in this file photo. (Tom Hawley | KSNV)

The Culinary Union says it reached a tentative agreement on a new contract with Caesars Entertainment, hours after the previous contract with Strip and downtown properties expired at midnight Friday.

The union's Twitter account posted just after 2:40 a.m. Friday that the five-year deal would cover 12,000 workers at nine Las Vegas Strip resorts: Bally's, Caesars Palace, Flamingo, Harrah's, Paris, Planet Hollywood, The Cromwell and The LINQ.

RELATED | 50,000 Union workers to strike if new contract demands are not met by midnight

The union said more details on the agreement would be released later Friday.

Negotiations were still ongoing as of early Friday morning with the other 25 properties that were part of the contract, including MGM Resorts, according to the Culinary Union.

Members of the union voted overwhelmingly last month to authorize a strike among the 50,000 workers if a new contract couldn't be reached by June 1. Though a strike has been authorized, it's unclear if any resort employees will be walking out.

Culinary members have said they want a new agreement to protect benefits, offer better security and help workers who have been displaced by technology.

RELATED | New safety technology the Union wants for casino employees as strike looms

Spokespeople for resorts involved in negotiations said Thursday they were confident an agreement could be reached without a work stoppage.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending