Golden Knights preseason schedule released; first game is Sept. 16
LAS VEGAS (KSNV) —
Fresh off their historic first season, the Vegas Golden Knights have released their preseason schedule, letting fans know when they can expect to see the team back on the ice.
Rookie Camp opens on Thursday, September 6, with the first day of rookie on-ice practice taking place the following day. On-ice practice for the rest of the team begins on Friday, September 14.
This last season, the Golden Knights were notable for allowing fans to watch their practices, even during the Stanley Cup playoffs -- a time when most teams keep fans away. During the playoffs, there were often no open seats at City National Arena as fans from all over the city crowded in to watch their team for free.
Two days later, on September 16, the Golden Knights face the Arizona Coyotes at T-Mobile Arena at 5 p.m.-- the first time that the team has played a game since their game 5 loss against the Washington Capitals on June 7.
The Golden Knights will then move on to Denver, Colorado to face the Avalanche on September 18.
The full schedule is as follows:
- September 6: Rookie Camp opens
- September 7: First day of rookie on-ice practice
- September 13: Main Camp opens
- September 14: First day of on-ice practice
- September 16: Game vs. Arizona Coyotes at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. ( 5 p.m.)
- September 18: Game vs. Colorado Avalanche at Pepsi Center in Denver, Co. (6p.m.)
- September 20: Game vs. Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif. (7:30 p.m,)
- September 22: Game vs. San Jose Sharks at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. (7 p.m.)
- September 24: Game vs. Colorado Avalanche at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. (7 p.m.)
- September 28: Game vs. Los Angeles Kings at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. (7 p.m.)
- September 30: Game vs. San Jose Sharks at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. (5 p.m.)