Henderson police provide school zone safety tips to keep your children safe
LAS VEGAS (KSNV News3LV) —
The Henderson Police Department wants to keep your children safe by providing the following safety tips as most children will return to school on August 14, 2017.
• Know the school zones you travel through
• Be familiar with the times when those school zones are in effect
• Follow the posted speed limits for school zones
• If you see Crossing Guards and students use more caution
• U-Turns are not allowed in active school zones
• Do not double park when dropping off or picking up children
• Obey the laws when it comes to stopped buses with flashing lights and be cautious of children running late or crossing the medians of the roadway
"We want to keep our children safe", said Henderson Acting Police Chief Todd Peters. "And with planning, patience, and obeying the law, we can make that happen."
For more information on school zone safety tips, see video below.