Celebrate National Vegetarian/Vegan Month with veg-friendly options around the valley
LAS VEGAS (KSNV News3LV) —
October happens to be National Vegetarian and Vegan Month and restaurants are continuing to offer more options that are vegetable-focused.
Here to tell us what we have in the studio today is Nudia Hernandez of 106.9.
Some of the local restaurants offering veg-friendly options include:
- Located at Charleston and Rampart boulevards, this is one of Las Vegas' most popular farm-to-table spots.
- The restaurant serves fresh, locally-sourced Farm Table cuisine, including lunch, dinner, and Saturday/Sunday brunch.
- Options include: Green Goddess Juice – salad in a glass: kale, apples, fennel, cucumber, celery, lemon, ginger; Grain Power – red & white quinoa, beluga lentils, avocado, shaved fennel, radish, citrus vinaigrette; and Burrata – with heirloom tomatoes basil, balsamic reduction, extra virgin olive oil.
- Located at the Grand Canal Shops on the Las Vegas Strip, this is Italian cooking inspired by Cake Boss Buddy Valastro.
- There is convenient and complimentary valet parking available at Barneys New York, as well as self-parking at The Palazzo.
- They offer lunch, dinner, happy hour, and a weekend brunch menu.
- Options in the Vegetarian Month Prix Fixe menu for $30 include a choice of appetizer, main entree, and dessert.
- Appetizer options include Panzanella – buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, focaccia croutons, arugula, balsamic red onions OR Buddy’s Caprese – burrata cheese, red organic tomatoes, basil, tomato confit, balsamic, grilled filoni.
- Entree options include My Wife’s Eggplant Parm & Spaghetti – crispy and crunchy eggplant, tomato, mozzarella and parmesan cheese OR Madeline’s Whole Wheat Penne – market vegetables, pesto, ricotta salata.
- Dessert options include Lisa’s Warm Nutella Cake – chocolate sauce, hazelnut praline crunch, salted caramel ice cream OR Cannoli – cinnamon pastry, sweet ricotta cream, coco drops, pistachios.
- Select dishes can be made vegan upon request and there are a number of vegan wines available.
- Nacho Daddy has three locations in the valley, including Summerlin, Downtown Las Vegas, and the Las Vegas Strip at Miracle Mile Shops.
- The restaurant offers amazing Mexican food, a family-friendly environment, and vegetarian and vegan options.
- The Summerlin location also offers Meatless Mondays.
- A specialty on the dinner menu, they offer Loaded Vegan Nachos with sauce, cherry tomato, avocado, and chives for $17.
- Located in Tivoli Village, this new restaurant is open daily for lunch, dinner, and Saturday/Sunday brunch.
- A great veg-friendly appetizer for sharing is the Preserved Lemon Hummus with house pickled vegetables, cucumber, tomato, olives, olive oil, smoked paprika, and grilled bread for $9.
- A specialty on the dinner menu is the Market Vegetables and Black Jasmine Rice with five seasonal vegetables, sweet and spicy coconut sauce, cherry tomato, avocado, and chives for $17.
- They also offer kombucha cocktails, including Guava, Moscow Mule, and Strawberry.