FACEBOOK AND WEBSITE ENTRY PHOTO JUDGING OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: KSNV/Backyard Tailgate Contest
Station: Chesapeake Media I, LLC dba KSNV
Station Address: KSNV, 1500 Foremaster Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Contest Area: Nevada County: Clark County
Prize Provider(s): Road Kill Grill
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: August 25, 2017 to September 22, 2017
Entries Due: 3:00 PM PDT on September 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2017
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address.
Photo Topic: Creative backyard of the Entrant’s home. The home and backyard must be owned by the Entrant. Photograph must be of the backyard only; no people may be depicted in the photograph.
Judging Criteria: Creativity (50%) and Appearance (50%)
Number of Winners Based on Judging Results: Four (4)
Total Number of Winners: Four (4)
Winner Selection Date: September 1, 2017 4:00PM PDT (Winner #1); September 8, 2017 4:00PM PDT (Winner #2); September 15, 2017 4:00PM PDT (Winner #3) and September 22, 2017 4:00PM PDT (Winner #4)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) picnic catered by Road Kill Grill for up to Ten (10) people, served in Winner’s backyard. The picnic includes plates, napkins, utensils, an Assortment from Road Kill Grill, featuring ribs, rib tips, pulled pork, pulled chicken, chicken, side fixings such as potato, macaroni or coleslaw salad for Ten (10) people, including the Winner. Drinks (Coca-Cola products featuring Sprite, Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Diet Coke) will be provided by Terrible Herbst. Winner is responsible for providing trash bags for picnic cleanup. In addition, the Winner’s picnic will be featured during a live weather forecast segment attended by one of the Station’s on-air personalities. Each winner’s segment is expected to air during a 5:00 PM PDT and 6:00 PM PDT newscast. The Station has the right to cancel the live weather forecast segment in the event of severe weather, breaking news, or technical problems and may use reasonable efforts to reschedule contingent upon the Station’s schedule. Due to the unique nature of the prize, no monetary value is associated with the live weather segment. Total approximate value of prize is $350.
September 1, 2017 Winner – BBQ will be held on September 8, 2017
September 8, 2017 Winner – BBQ to be held on September 15, 2017
September 15, 2017 Winner – BBQ to be held September 22, 2017
September 22, 2017 Winner - BBQ to be held September 29, 2017
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/News3LasVegas
Station’s Website: http://news3lv.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://news3lv.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, log onto the Station’s Website, or Facebook users can log onto the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, upload your photograph of the Photo Topic, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries
Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria.
On the Winner Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she owns the photograph submitted, (ii) the photograph does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the photograph complies with all of requirements of the Photo Topic, (iv) the photograph has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the terms and conditions located at the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.