AG Ford announces members of Nevada's new Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Task Force
LAS VEGAS (KSNV) —
Nevada’s recently appointed Attorney General Aaron Ford announced Wednesday, Jan. 30, the members of the state’s newly formed task force.
Created by way of Governor Sisolak’s Executive Order, the Task Force on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Law and Policy is an 11-member team with AG Ford as its chair.
The task force’s mission is to promote employment structures that are free from sexual harassment and discrimination while valuing respect, opportunity, inclusion and diversity.
The appointments announced by Ford include individuals from law enforcement, higher education, a victims’ rights advocate as well as a representative from the Nevada Equal Rights Commission.
AG Ford made the following statement regarding the task force:
I look forward to working with Governor Sisolak and the distinguished members of this Task Force who reflect a broad diversity of experience, expertise and opinion. With a focus on prevention, we are committed to developing actionable recommendations to address harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
The creation of this task force was Sisolak’s first official act as governor on Jan. 7.
“There is no place for sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace, and our state agencies and key privileged license holders must lead by example,” Sisolak said.
Members of the task force in addition to AG Ford are:
- Amanda Cuevas, LSW, MSW, Crisis Response and Intervention Supervisor, Safe Embrace. Cuevas will serve as Vice Chair of the Task Force.
- Director Patrick Cates, Nevada Department of Administration
- Kara Jenkins, Administrator, Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- Professor Ann McGinley, Co-Director, Workplace Law Program at William S. Boyd School of Law
- LaTesha Watson, Chief of Police, Henderson Police Department
- Dr. Melissa Piasecki, M.D., Executive Associate Dean and Professor, UNR School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Geoconda Argüello-Kline, Secretary-Treasurer, Culinary Union Local 226
- Patricia Lee, Partner, Hutchison & Steffen and Executive Board Member, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Nevada
- Jan Morrison, Economic Development Officer, Northeastern NV Regional Development Authority
- Erin McMullen, Director of Governmental Affairs, Boyd Gaming Corporation
The first order of business for the task force will be to review reports from every state agency regarding their sexual harassment and discrimination policies, procedures and training protocol.
These reports must be submitted before March 1.