EXCLUSIVE: Mom pleads to News 3 for the return of missing son 33 years ago


It was an investigation that captivated our community.

The disappearance of 3-year-old Francillion Pierre was the focus of several stories on News 3 back in 1986.

News 3 dug into the archives to look into the case and how it was covered more than 30 years ago.

At the time, investigators were frustrated, while the boy’s mother and fiancé told News 3 that the boy would eventually turn up.

Amy Fleming was adamant her son was kidnapped at the North Las Vegas swap meet near Las Vegas Boulevard and Pecos.

At the time, she claimed she was buying lunch.

RELATED | Florida woman charged in 3-year-old son's 1986 Las Vegas death

“During that three minute period of time where I was getting napkins and dressing the burgers, Yo-Yo vanished,” said Amy Fleming.

Yo-Yo was the little boy’s nickname.

Twenty-eight days after he disappeared, Fleming and her fiancé held a garage sale that turned heads.

The couple sold their belongings, including the missing child’s toys.

They told News 3 that the media exposure surrounding the case left them unemployable.

The couple claimed they needed money, but weren’t leaving town.

“You don't plan to move out of the state?” asked a News 3 reporter.

“No. We are obligated here for many reasons and I'm not taking off. We’re not going anywhere. We have obligations here,” said Fleming.

At the time, North Las Vegas Police Lieutenant Bob King called it a "sit and wait" situation.

“We pretty much exhausted a physical search of the area at this point,” said King, referring to the swap meet.

But King feared foul play.

The fact that a toddler just vanished had him puzzled.

“We have no one in the park in that area, citizens, salespeople, security people or staff that saw anything unusual as far as a child being removed,” said King.

Still, Fleming stuck with her story and pleaded for someone to come forward with her little boy.

“I just hope that Yo-Yo is not feeling as alone as I do sometimes,” noted Fleming.

“If anybody knows anything about where he is, or if he is safe, I want them to please tell me. I will be able to be able to go through the proper channels to get him back. I'll do anything that is necessary,” she continued.

Now, 32 years later, King admitted he was emotional at word of an arrest.

The now-retired North Las Vegas Police lieutenant spoke during a news conference about the arrest.

“To say I was overjoyed, personally I was. I wish we could find the little boy alive and well, but that's not going to happen,” explained King.

It was a cold case he never forgot about.

“After 32 years, this is one case in my career I felt uncomfortable about. The fact I could not resolve it successfully and the fact that we're talking about a 3-year-old, was always the worst kind of cases to work,” said King.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off