LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — A fire was reported Tuesday morning in a Las Vegas elementary school boys' bathroom, according to a fire official.
Crews responded to John Park Elementary on Franklin Avenue, near Charleston Boulevard and Maryland Parkway, for a fire in an outside playground bathroom, reported just after 8:50 a.m.
The sprinkler was activated and put out the fire. The school was evacuated, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, but no injuries were reported.
The fire was started in a trash can full of paper towels, and it did not spread to anything nearby.