CARSON CITY, Nev. (KSNV) — Governor Steve Sisolak has canceled his planned in-person press conference Tuesday, May 26, that was scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
In a release from his office, the cancellation comes "out of an abundance of caution" after the governor was potentially exposed to the coronavirus.
Sisolak, according to his office, had visited a workplace at the end of last week where an employee who was not there at the time has since tested positive for COVID-19.
The governor learned of the positive test result on Tuesday.
On learning of the exposure, Sisolak's office says that it took "immediate and responsible actions to limit" his exposure.
The governor was expected to announce Phase 2 reopening plans for the State of Nevada and reopening gaming businesses at the beginning of June.
The governor was expected to deliver a message via prerecorded video from the Governor's Mansion in Carson City, but in a Twitter post lat Tuesday night, he announced that a video would no longer be released.
Instead, his office is releasing his prepared remarks and some Phase 2 guidance.
"Due to technical difficulties and out team currently in quarantine, we will no longer be releasing the video, but will instead release the prepared remarks and some Phase 2 guidance very shortly tonight. I know you’re eager to hear about Phase 2...thank you for your patience," Sisolak wrote. "Trust me, I know this isn’t ideal. I was excited to deliver this exciting news to Nevadans directly, but I still want to make sure you receive the information tonight."
He is scheduled to take a COVID-19 test on Wednesday morning. His office says that he will notify the public of the results, adding that the governor has not exhibited symptoms at any point in the last five days.