Woman dies after candles spark North Las Vegas house fire
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (KSNV) —
UPDATE, May 15 | The Clark County Coroner's Office has identified the victim as 56-year-old Debra Marie Deihl.
She died of thermal and inhalation injuries, according to the coroner's office.
ORIGINAL | A woman has died after a fire broke out in a North Las Vegas home early Monday morning, according to a fire official.
Crews responded to the 5000 block of Rancho Del Vista Way at about 2 a.m. Monday, May 14, near Commerce Street and Washburn Road, Captain Cedric Williams with the North Las Vegas Fire Department said.
The victim, identified as a 55-year-old woman, was found standing outside the house with noticeable burn injuries, according to Willliams. She was taken to UMC, where she later died from her injuries.
Her identity will be released by the Clark County Coroner's Office.
Nobody else reported any injuries, according to fire officials. A family pet was found inside the home, and Williams says it is in good condition.
Officials believe candles had sparked the fire. No other details were immediately available.