Woman dies after possible medical episode, garage fire in North Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS (KSNV) —
UPDATE, Sept. 14 | The Clark County Coroner's Office has identified the woman who died as 73-year-old Barbara Jacobs of North Las Vegas.
ORIGINAL | A woman has died after a possible medical episode led to a garage fire Thursday in North Las Vegas, according to a fire official.
Firefighters and police officers responded just after noon to a home in the 3400 block of Herring Gull Lane, near Aliante Parkway and Grand Teton Drive, on reports of tires screeching in a garage.
North Las Vegas Fire says they arrived to find a fire in the garage, with a woman in her car unconscious and unresponsive. Firefighters were able to put out the fire and get the woman out of the car.
Investigators learned the car had hit the hot water heater, which they believe sparked the fire. The woman's husband and a UPS driver tried to pull her from the car, but the fire got too hot for them, according to a fire official.
The woman was taken to a hospital, where she later died.
Fire and police investigators are looking into the circumstances of the fire.